Let’s make Grilled Salmon Steak with Asparagus. This recipe is very easy but let me tell you one thing before we grilled this salmon fillet and asparagus. You know this fish is the king of omega-3 fatty acids because by merely eating 4 to 8 ounces a week, it will gives you the 100% of your recommended amount of omega-3s. Research shows that omega-3 fatty acid helps lower chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer and arthritis. Asparagus, on the other hand, is low in calories and is very low in sodium and a very good source of dietary fibre. By combining them together in your daily diet, it will gives you a complete healthy meal.
By using our favorite Cuisinart Griddler, (TO KNOW MORE ABOUT CUISINART GRIDDLER, CLICK HERE 🙂 making grilled salmon steak with asparagus at home is so easy. For those with kids, I suggest you grill this with them, for sure they’re going to love this. Just keep an eye on them for sometimes kids get so excited!
- 454 grams of salmon fillet or 4 small cuts
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of dried basil
- ¼ tsp of dried tarragon
- ¼ tsp of dried thyme
- 4 slices of fresh lemon
- Pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot with water, bring it to boil. Then blanch the asparagus. Blanching is where you shock the veggies by plunging it in boiling water then placing it in cold running water. When the water is boiling, slowly put the asparagus for like 20 seconds then pour it in a colander with running water on it.
- Preheat the Cusinart Griddler for 5 mins. Set it up to 350F, Grill and high mode. In a plate, lay the salmon fillet. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and slowly and evenly sprinkle it to the salmon fillet. Slowly brush the olive oil in the griddle. Upon hearing the sizzling sound in the grill, slowly put the fillet.
- Grilled it for 20 minutes together with the fresh lemons. This is to add flavor on it.
- Serve it hot together with your bread of your choice.