I was thinking about tofu because my kids loves them then I told them that School Day Rocks!
My kids gave me a horrible yet cutie stare, as if they perform the longest soprano-tenor duet “Nohhhhh” for International Emmy Awards for Kids Series. I almost gave them a standing ovation but as I slowly shift my attention to my wife, I saw her eyes is telling me “that kids getting better and a new season series for more morning drama begins next month.”
Well, this is not to include the time when my wife reaches for the snooze button. Now, I am pretty sure that it’s going to be hurry, hurry thing again every morning.
So making a healthy and delicious sandwich in a hurry, hurry world takes a lot of deep breath, especially if kids are coming from a two months crash course of mastering the art of “hiding-under-the-blankie technique.”
While every tick tock counts, allow me to share my easy and healthy Tofu and Eggplant Sandwich recipe.
TOFU AND EGGPLANT SANDWICH
- 8 Slices Whole wheat loaf
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 pc. Tofu
- 1 pc. Eggplant
- 2 tbsp Hummus
- Romaine Lettuce
- 2 tbsp. Thousand Islands
- 2 tbsp. Light Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Honey Mustard
- Preheat Cuisinart Griddler at 350F for 5 minutes. Settings: 350F/Grill/High
- Cut the Tofu thinly and in square, toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the Eggplants in thin coins, toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In Cuisinart Griddler non-stick plate, place the tofu and eggplant evenly.
- Grill it at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Set up the bread and slowly spread the hummus then lettuce, baked tofu and eggplant, sliced tomatoes and onions.
- For our signature sauce, combine and whisk in a bowl the Thousand Islands, Light Mayonnaise and Honey Mustard.
- Then slowly add our very own signature sauce.